NEED HELP! buying a powerbook!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Gmac07, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Gmac07 macrumors member

Ok so i just found a 1.33 Powerbook G4, combo drive, 512mb, 60gb.
    Its on craigslist, and it was supposedly the guys 2nd computer and not used much. has tiger and iLife and iWork 06. he posted $950 for it! i think its way too much because you can get a waayyy faster macbook for 1050 as a student.
    my question to all of you is how much is this worth? its got to be atleast 2 years old and has 1 year left on applecare.

2. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

3. Gmac07 thread starter macrumors member

well its a 12 inch. i want this laptop to last me atleast a year. is this worth considering??? im trying to talk him down into the 700's but hes pretty firm on the price. I just dont see its value vs. a brand new macbook. its 2 years old! i just dont see spending 950 on a 2 year old computer.

4. Gmac07 thread starter macrumors member

obviously the aluminum casing is much nicer than the macbook, but the screen is much nicer than the powerbook. im basically using it for school. i also have a dig camera and an ipod. thats all i really do with it. i just want a small portable computer for 1 year left of school. is it worth it???

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'd say no. There are better deals to be had, and as you said-- a brand-spankin; new MacBook is only $100 more than his asking price.

6. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

unless he is in the 700 range, there is no way he is getting asking price