need help connecting my new macbook pro to internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by southbark, Dec 31, 2006.

1. southbark macrumors regular

OK i got my macbook pro and ii am reinstalling mac os x now. I tried coneecting to my router but am having trouble and sice this my first mac you get the ides

I have a MacBook pro 2.33,2gb ram 120gb hard drive i have sbc yahoo dsl or att whatever its called hooked to a linsys wrt54g router v.6my moms laptop hooks up fine but not my mac sites or ideas

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Two things to try:

1) Network preference pane in System Preferences. Make sure you use DHCP since you're on a router. You can also try the Network Diagnostics in Safari when you can't connect. You can also try to click the Renew Lease button and see if that does anything.

Picture 3.png

2) Something's funny with your router settings. For example, if I use WEP on my D-Link, I have to use a private shared key (PSK) instead of extendible authentication protocol (EAP). Check your router for details.

3. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

Click the Blue Apple Logo to the top left and go to "System Preferences" then "Network" under the "Internet & Network" tab and click "Assist me..." the Assistant should help you set up your wireless connection.

4. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

well i am offically on my safari it just suddenly started working.The tao of mac i guess