need help convincing a switcher

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Steven1621, May 3, 2004.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

my girlfriend would like to make the switch over to mac. the problem preventing the aforementioned switch is that her father is a very dedicated windows user and computer programer. he will be the purchasing the computer so he need to convincing. anyone have any ideas?

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shouldnt he want to get his daughter the machine that she wants if it is going to be her computer and not his? Viruses ease of use ect might help to convince him, but ive met people who sound like him, good luck

4. iBook macrumors regular

It's a computer

If you have to convince somebody to choose a Mac vs. a PC, then you're placing the answer before the question. Ask the person what he or she wants from a computer and then guide him/her through the process with objective answers.

I use both Macs and Wintel-based PCs. Aside from occasionally forgetting to use the Apple key or the Alt and Control key, as appropriate, I don't know of any significant difference. Windows XP is a fine OS :eek: and all of the software I need is available; Mac OS is an excellent OS :D but all of the software I need is NOT available (btw - I don't mean games).

And given the price difference between Dell, for example, and Apple, I continually have to convince myself to remain a Mac buyer. (I've been using the Mac since 1988.)

Consumer Reports rates Dell and Apple as the top 2 personal computers, so you may have your work cut out for you. Good luck.

5. Nybombers142 macrumors member

Just use sublimanel *cough*windows sucks messages:

"Hey dad, can I get you some *cough* windows sucks coffee?"

6. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better

i have tried that one, it hasn't worked yet.

right now, my method is just laughing as their cpus that are trashed with each virus, and mine is fine.