Need help designing an image please

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Sep 6, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Hello all!

I need some help. I have been selected to design a shirt for my Trumpet section, and I need your opinions on what I have come up with so far.

You can download a .pdf of my work so far here:
    http://homepage.mac.com/g4scott/trumpetshirt.pdf

The design is going to be on a white shirt, and there is going to be a bulldog on the podium in the center...

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone here with graphics design experience would comment on my design. Thanks!

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

the yellow jackets marching band rules!!!!

nah... heh.

but yeah man looks cool. how much liberty do you have on this design? if anything i would just suggest being a bit more informal with it to make it visually more intresting. but if not then thats fine.

3. vniow macrumors G4

I don't know sh*t about graphic design, but yellow and purple are not the best colors to go together. Unless that's your Trumpet section's colors, of course. :)

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah i think mc allen highs colors are yellow and purple. if i can remember correctly. school colors man.

5. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

purple and gold are our school colors... I might make the yellow a bit darker to make it look more gold. Besides, the bulldog is also going to be a shade of yellow/gold (trust me, it works...) so it'll only have 4 colors... Dark grey, light grey, purple, and gold/yellow (and possibly black...)

As for the yellow jackets... Edcouch-Elsa is a pretty small town... Of course that's why they're a 4A school :p My school is a 5A school, but my dad's band has a marching contest in Edcouch-Elsa because they're 4A...

6. vniow macrumors G4

Okay, color aside, this was drawn by my extremely limited artistic skills, but i think the column should look more like this:

Attached Files: