Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillHarrison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Hi, im looking for a portable mac to do my web stuff with, just needs to be quick enough for basic photo editing (i run a car lot, just snap photos, fix em up a little, post to the web, update listings, etc)

I have found 2, and they are similair in price. I am at a toss up about which one would be better:

Computer 1: iBook 800mhz 128mb ram 285$

Computer 2: Powerbook G4 667mhz 256mb ram 375$

Quick edit: Computer 3 iBook 500mhz 64mb ram 175$

Besides the obvious size differences (Does anyone have a pic comparing the 2 side by side btw?), is the powerbook worth the extra nearly hundred bucks?

Portability is important, and the powerbook does have a 1 up because it has pcmcia slots (cheaper wireless than airport card). Its also more expandable.

But its slower, processor wise.

Quick edit: He offered me one other system, the ibook 500mhz, its quite a bit cheaper, should i just save my money, grab the cheaper one? And put my money towards an intel ibook when released? Would the 500mhz fulfill my needs for the next 3-4 months while i wait?

ACK DECISIONS!

I will be using os x exclusively.

One last ? Is Quartz express supported on both models?? I think so, but just double checking

Anyone care to weigh the pros and cons of each for me since i have never owned either?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.