NEED HELP FAST! How to stop "overtyping" - The insert feature!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Freak, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Ok now on a PC I know it as the key on the keyboard that says "insert". I am writing a paper currently and I must remove this overtyping in order to continue writing it so help ASAP is greatly appreciated! Whenever I type and then go back to add to something and type again, the computer types over and removes what was previously there. Help!

Thanks in advance!!!

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

You dont say what software that you are using, If its in word that you are referring too, then as far I am aware the way to turn on and off overtype is to click on OVR at the bottom of the screen.

3. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

What are you using? Word v.X? Look at the bottom of the window for a box that says "OVR" and turn it off (so it has an open circle). If you're using TextEdit, I don't even know how you would go about turning that feature on.

4. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Thank you! :)

5. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Wow. When I posted, there were no replies, and now there's one before mine! Seriously, it wasn't there, or I wouldn't have said the same thing. Weird!