Need help finding a CD

Discussion in 'Community' started by Powerbook G5, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I am trying to find a rare CD for my girlfriend and I am not having much luck. I've checked Amazon, Sam Goody, FYE, and many local places that specialize it harder to find albums but with no luck. I found two on eBay but I can never trust that place. The CD in questions is an Eels CD by the name of Oh What a Beautiful Morning. Does anyone have suggestions of other places I may search for this CD? She's been talking about it off and on for a year and mentioned she'd wanted it for over 3 years and I really want to surprise her by finding it and getting it for her.

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

hehehe, I bet you that if you find that CD and give it to her, she is gonna say :Oh, thanx! put it on a shell with the rest of her CDs and that was it.:rolleyes:

People are like that, but keep trying, get it with ebay.

Good luck.

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, I found 2 off eBay as well... for only $20. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The closest non-auction I can find is here, but you'll probably end up having your email placed on a very long waiting list. According to the band's site (scroll all the way to the bottom), the CD is sold out and has been for over a year.

If you're real desperate, keep searching eBay...once you decide on the particular auction w/the CD you want to buy, make sure you're buying from an experienced seller. And...try to get the CD new.

4. neut macrumors 68000

neut

damn King Cobra you beat me to it! i was just at that exact page. :D

Powerbook G5 – try a local record store (mom and pop) see what they can do. they're usually more willing to hunt down CDs for customers and most likely will charge no more than cost. at least that's what my local record shop used to do (until they were forced to close :()

peace.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

sometimes a rare/vintage book shop will have CDs and stuff...perhaps you could find it there? I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with rare/vintage book shops.

6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    try www.amoebamusic.com

the site has their phone #'s...they have an amazing selection and they're very reputable.

7. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Thanks for the suggestions. I registered for eBay and Paypal today and bidded on one of the CDs off of eBay. I wish I didn't have to buy a used CD, but I have spent hours looking online and drove all around from Jacksonville to Daytona (around 150 miles total) going from music store to music store but so far I put a $28 bid on one of the CDs off of eBay. I didn't realize how rare this CD was but my girlfriend really wants it so I am making it a personal mission to get it somehow.

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....also keep an out on Gemm.com - they list stuff from a whole bunch of indie retailers...I didn't see a copy there at the moment but the listings change daily.......oh yeah!