1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Need help getting my LiDE 20 Scanner to work with photoshop CS

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by soleestreya, Feb 21, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

I just got Adobe CS, which includes Photoshop 8.0 (CS). I still have a copy of photoshop 7, and my scanner works fine with it. I can't, however, seem to get photoshop 8.0 to recognize my scanner. This is the only reason that I still keep my older version of photoshop on my computer. Does anyone know how I can make the scanner work on photoshop 8?

2. Guest

iGary

Did you put the Canon Scan plug-in into the CS plug in folder for 8?

3. macrumors 6502a

Please pardon the newbie basic question here. Where do I get the plugins and what do I do with them? I have an LiDE 30 that was working just fine. When I went to use it the other day, it said it could not find the driver. Having upgraded to 10.3.8, I thought maybe that was the problem, so I went to the website and downloaded drivers, etc. Now, I am told it can't find the plugins (I have Elements 2). I really just want to scan, not necessarily use Elements. What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

4. macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I had the same problem when I went to 10.3.8 with my Canon Lide50.
    I ended up calling up Canon and they had me down load a new driver and ever since then it's worked just as easy as before. Sorry I just looked for the link to the new driver and couldn't find it :( Maybe give Canon a quick call and have them get you an updated one?
    I think all they had me do was what iGary asked if you did.