Need help immediately!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TSE, Jul 10, 2008.

1. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

I just a got an iPod Mini from someone here on MacRumors (iHerzeleid) and I made a mistake. I thought I would start out by resetting the iPod to original factory settings so I did. I set it to it with iTunes and now it gives me a picture of an outlet and the powerbrick being connected to it.

I have the power brick, but no firewire to ipod cable for it.

What can I do? I tried resetting the iPod by toggling the hold switch then hoding the menu and select button for 6 seconds, that resets it but then the picture just shows up again.

2. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The battery is dead, you need to charge it. Buy a cable.

3. macrumors 601

t0mat0

Sounds like you need a Connector to USB end cable

4. TSE
    thread starter macrumors 68030

TSE

5. macrumors 68000

lamina

Just leave it plugged in via USB. It will charge that way.

Also, to be reasonable, have you tried contacting the seller? iHerzelied is a pretty well-known name in these forums. I think I had a transaction with him before.

6. macrumors newbie

you MUST use the wall adapter -- the iPod needs to rewrite its internal memory and that requires more power than a "normal" USB port on a computer will deliver. "official" USB ports have strict limits on how much power they will supply so devices that have USB data ports will not work. The wall adapter is not a "data" port, so it doesn't adhere to the power limitations. Sometimes a firewire connection will work, but in general you MUST use the wall adapter., sorry!