Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sleeves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
hi guys, alot of you helped me on my last situation so i hope you can help me now...

this it the situation, i have already a ibook g4 with panther 10.3.9 and i just got myself the new imac g5 isight nwo this is my problem areas in which i need help in.

1. there is am iwork already on the imac but i have iwork on my ibook and when i go to write my seriel number into the box i cannot click ok, is this because of the i have installed it alreaddy onto my ibook. if so is there like anyway i can get around it.....???

2. i have videos in avi. format and i downloaded quicktime 7 onto my ibook and they work perfectly but when i copied the movies over to my imac via usb and then down loaded quicktime i am unable to watch them..??? did i do something wrong...?

3. and finally i tried also to down load windows media player for my mac i copied it from my ibook to my imac, and it was able to play somevideos btu not most of them and then i deleted it and now when i try and download it from a source i am unable to like install it...... it just comes up with like this white paper image

as you can tell i am not very good at macs, but i need all the help i can get please help. thanks

Sleeves

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
1) You have a license for the software on one computer and one computer only. We do not discuss piracy around here, sorry.

2) You probably have some additional QuickTime codecs installed on the old machine that you need on the new machine. You should be able to just copy them over.

3) I'm not even sure what the problem is! Can you please try and ask the question using English?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sleeves said:
1. there is am iwork already on the imac but i have iwork on my ibook and when i go to write my seriel number into the box i cannot click ok, is this because of the i have installed it alreaddy onto my ibook. if so is there like anyway i can get around it.....???

As robbieduncan says, that's illegal and shouldn't really be attempted. :(

Sleeves said:
2. i have videos in avi. format and i downloaded quicktime 7 onto my ibook and they work perfectly but when i copied the movies over to my imac via usb and then down loaded quicktime i am unable to watch them..??? did i do something wrong...?

If you want to play them in QuickTime, you may need DivX. I recommend looking into VLC though. It's a stand-alone player but it'll play most file formats.

Sleeves said:
3. and finally i tried also to down load windows media player for my mac i copied it from my ibook to my imac, and it was able to play somevideos btu not most of them and then i deleted it and now when i try and download it from a source i am unable to like install it...... it just comes up with like this white paper image

Do you have Stuffit installed? Irrespective, you could use VLC to play your WMVs except for the latest WMV10 files which even WMP on the Mac won't play. There is no way to play WMV10 on OSX at this stage. Fortunately, these files are reasonably rare. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.