Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
These are the main differences between the 2;
- Air Play
- Air Print
- Safari Speeds
- Personal Hotspot

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Apple list exactly what each firmware update is and why just do a quick search firmware 4.3.3 firmware update and it will tell you exactly what the update is. Also if the dev-team etc consider it a worthy update they will use a exploit to give a untethered jb minor updates get tethered only or none.

ok so if i want to update to 4.3.3 but i dont have any shsh between 4.1 and 4.3.5 then im guessing i cant do it?

i did try shift restore in itunes with the 4.3.3 os and it crashed repeatedly

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
ok so if i want to update to 4.3.3 but i dont have any shsh between 4.1 and 4.3.5 then im guessing i cant do it?

i did try shift restore in itunes with the 4.3.3 os and it crashed repeatedly

Correct. To Upgrade to 4.3.3 you need 4.3.3 blobs

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Correct. To Upgrade to 4.3.3 you need 4.3.3 blobs

ok think im getting this... is there a way for me to download it or anything?
as before it was on 4.3.3 with a broken jailbreak...

....i think ill just jb 4.1 and wait til 4.3.5 is unteathered and easy... but i am curious about the above for later iphone ventures

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Nope blobs can't be downloaded they are special to each individual device sorry.

You say you were jailbroken on 4.3.3 ? Are you sure your blobs did not get saved ?

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Nope blobs can't be downloaded they are special to each individual device sorry.

You say you were jailbroken on 4.3.3 ? Are you sure your blobs did not get saved ?

i used tinyumbrella to save the shsh before doing anything and it was def on 4.3.3 but no shsh at all... i tried greenposion, and

when its in dfu mode and i start jailbreak with green posion for 4.1, it fails each time after a few min and the screen goes white when it starts to try jb.

would this 3gs being a new boot rom be why?

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
You are using Greenpois0n RC4 Right??

Once you've jailbroken the 3Gs load up cydia and tell me what blobs you have saved (they will be the green numbers at the top of cydia).

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
You are using Greenpois0n RC4 Right??

Once you've jailbroken the 3Gs load up cydia and tell me what blobs you have saved (they will be the green numbers at the top of cydia).

yea def using that program, just tried again running it as admin but jb failed again....

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Ok so its 100% in DFU mode yes ?

I guess you could try RC6 ?

but thats for 4.2.1? am i just missing something like leaving itunes on? tinyum etc or ireb dfu mode?...?

how about unteathered jb for 4.3.5? or even if possible? i seen ppl talk about 5.0?
shsh is there for 5.0a, 5.0b, 5.0c

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
but thats for 4.2.1? am i just missing something like leaving itunes on? tinyum etc or ireb dfu mode?...?

how about unteathered jb for 4.3.5? or even if possible? i seen ppl talk about 5.0?
shsh is there for 5.0a, 5.0b, 5.0c

Nope 4.3.3 is the latest untethered sorry. 5.0 can be untethered but only on the old bootrom 3Gs

EDIT: Try downloading Greenpois0n from here: http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2010...jailbreak-now-supports-itouch-2g-windows-mac/

Right click greenpois0n go to properties and the compatibility, select run in xp service pack 3.
Run as administrator then report back.

Last edited:

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Nope 4.3.3 is the latest untethered sorry. 5.0 can be untethered but only on the old bootrom 3Gs

im just not having any luck here lol... and i take it theres no way to update normally to 4.3.3? love to know why the shsh 4.3.3 is gone...

i am currently reading up on the snowbreeze way.... so ill get back to this tomorrow... thankks for all ur help m8 and if possible can u keep an eye out for this page.... ill let u know if it works...

Last edited:

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
now getting 1015 error...
googling it now

For future reference the 1015 error is because you have the newer baseband with the older firmware. When 4.1 was installing it could not install the old baseband because that is not possible.

At that point you use either Tiny Umbrella or Ireb to recover from the error.
Glad you were successful with Ireb.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011

EDIT: Try downloading Greenpois0n from here: http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2010...jailbreak-now-supports-itouch-2g-windows-mac/

Right click greenpois0n go to properties and the compatibility, select run in xp service pack 3.
Run as administrator then report back.

tryed that all at the end... and im running windows 7 64bit ultimate. same result, no joy.... im going to try it in an xp pro pc for a giggle... but unless it works ill get back here 2mor... thanks

....... and it also didnt work with xp pro 32bit....

Last edited:

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
hi, trying to figure out the snowbreeze 2.1 way now...
do i have to downgrade to 3.2.2(no shsh for anything below 4.1), then jailbreak that, then update to 4.1 and jailbreak that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.