Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Espnetboy3, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    ok i used my hp scanjet 3400c with my pc about 2 years ago. i know have my g4 and i tried using the scanner but the cd has only an exe file for windows and when i go to the website the only drivers and plugins are for windows. So i plugged in the usb port to the computer and the power for the scanner . how do i know if the computer is detecting it , i cant seem to see it in photoshop when i go import ... anyhelp would be great thanx
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    According to the HP website...that scanner is NOT compatible with Macs. If your really lucky you may find a generic OS 9 or OS X driver that someone made for it. Do a Google search and see.
  3. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    good luck if it works, but as far as I know HP sold some USB scanners like my old 4200 wich are in fact parrallel port scanners with an built-in convertor to USB and thats why it couldn't work in anyway on a Mac, that's why I slod mine when I got my Mac...

greetings J
  4. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    Just to see if it works, fire up Image Capture under Applications and see if it gives you a scan screen. Ironically, I just hooked up a scanner at work today and Image Capture picked it right up and preview scanned for me.
  5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003

ok im gonna try that vuescan thing and search on google for a homemade driver or plugin thanks for the help guys