Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

espmid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Can someone please help me to reinstall or clean up cydia?
I found a installed tweak i dont recognize, and everytime i try to open it, cydia crashes. Even in safemode.
And every after i used cydia, i get multiple bookmarks on homescreen.

seanwasp

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2015
Follow the instruction in that link. You can restore to 8.4.1 and downgrade back to 8.4 using taig then jailbreak. Very simple. Watch the video in the previous link.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
fake, big time....there is no way to downgrade from 8.4.1. after Apple stopped signing 8.4.

Last edited:

espmid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Make a fresh start using Cydia Impactor.

And also stay away from shady repos next time ;)
I tried installing it from cydia, but no icon shows on homescreen. And with the Windows version i cant find the device. What can i do? Can i force it to run somehow?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I tried installing it from cydia, but no icon shows on homescreen. And with the Windows version i cant find the device. What can i do? Can i force it to run somehow?
If you have AppSync installed remove it through Cydia and see if Cydia Impactor appears after the respring.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I dont have appsync installed.
Anything else i can do?
1) Does Cydia Impactor show up as installed in Cydia? If not, try to install again.

If it shows up in Cydia as installed,
2a) If you have any Terminal app installed, open it and type this command: uicache
Press enter then wait for the prompt to return. Exit and the icon should appear.

2b) If you don't have a Terminal app installed go to Cydia and remove Cydia Impactor. Afterwards boot your device into non-substrate mode*. While being in non-substrate mode go to Cydia and re-install Cydia Impactor. Once done reboot your device to get back into normal mode. Cydia Impactor should now be on your homescreen.

*: to enter non-substrate mode hold power button & home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. When you see the Apple logo immediately release both buttons and hold the volume up button until your device gets to the lockscreen.

espmid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
1) Does Cydia Impactor show up as installed in Cydia? If not, try to install again.

If it shows up in Cydia as installed,
2a) If you have any Terminal app installed, open it and type this command: uicache
Press enter then wait for the prompt to return. Exit and the icon should appear.

2b) If you don't have a Terminal app installed go to Cydia and remove Cydia Impactor. Afterwards boot your device into non-substrate mode*. While being in non-substrate mode go to Cydia and re-install Cydia Impactor. Once done reboot your device to get back into normal mode. Cydia Impactor should now be on your homescreen.

*: to enter non-substrate mode hold power button & home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. When you see the Apple logo immediately release both buttons and hold the volume up button until your device gets to the lockscreen.
Thank you, booting into non-substrate mode got the icon to show. Now is everything back to normal:)

Reactions: Will22

Drago9003

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2015
Hey could someone help me with my problem, look at my account and check my questions, they're the same and I really need help! It regards Cydia substrate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.