need help to see what wife is up to

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by roadking30, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

After seeing a few message on my wife's phone when one of the kids opened her messages i believe she is having an affair. Is their a program you can get to see what she is up to before i talk to her.

I just want to know all the facts before speaking to her

2. macrumors 6502a

ConCat

All macs come with a built-in VNC server. Turning it on is trivial. Go into system preferences, then into sharing, and check "Screen Sharing". Allow access to "All Users" then make sure you know the logon for her computer, and you can connect from anywhere on the network. Just go into the Finder and her computer should appear in the sidebar on the left. Click it, click the "Screen Sharing" button, and you're in. I suggest doing this and logging into screen sharing and switching it into "Observe mode" when she's not around just to be safe. Good luck.

3. macrumors regular

Google Spectorsoft. That might be what you are looking for.

4. macrumors G5

Macman45

Do you really think that spying on your wife is likely to help this situation? It all comes down to trust....I'd pass on the spying angle, sit down and have this out with her face to face. In the long run, it's the only way to resolve your issues with her. Good luck.

5. macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Although sometimes talking about it can create a problem where none exists. I think he's right to get some evidence before he confronts her with his suspicions. If he gets no concrete evidence, then he should probably drop it. Then again, it really isn't any of our business what he does with his marriage.

6. macrumors 603

justperry

+1000
    Have to completely agree here.

And for the the 2 poster above you nice job man, nice job.:rolleyes:

7. macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Well, I figured just being helpful was more helpful than being rude and berating him for his marital decisions.

8. macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help.

I just asked a question I don't wish to having a tennis match. to what everyone else thinks i should do everybody is different

9. macrumors 603

justperry

You can reply without being rude, initially I wasn't going to reply to his request since I find it unethical, and yes if the story is true and his wife is having an affair that is also unethical, the best way out of such situations is talk to the wife.
    Maybe nothing's wrong and it's just a plain friend/colleague.

IMO this is not to site to get help like this, but this is just my opinion.

10. macrumors G5

Macman45

Exactly...Spying is more than likely to aggravate what could be a perfectly harmless situation....How would you feel if somebody started prying into your private messages etc?

11. macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

I disagree. He OP has come here for technical help not marriage guidance. He didn't even have to mention why he needs the advice, but chose to do so.

I agree he should gather his evidence so that he knows whether to drop his suspicions completely, or confront her. Lets stick to the technical side of his question and let him deal with the moral issues.

12. macrumors 601

But then, you didn't. :rolleyes:

13. macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Guilty! But neither did you :D

But I don't have enough knowledge to help him. And I'm interested in the answer to his question cus I like the idea of spying on my wife :D

14. macrumors 601

Everyone is different but communication is vital for any relationship. Good luck with it. I'd also encourage talking over spying.

15. macrumors demi-god

mobilehaathi

It may also be illegal to monitor your wife without her consent. Have you considered honesty in your relationship?

16. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Sounds like the wife might have not considered it.:rolleyes:

17. macrumors demi-god

mobilehaathi

Quite possibly, but this doesn't justify spying. It is time to have a frank conversation.

18. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I agree, to a point but she might deny it and be cheating and the only person who loses if the OP who will continue to feel like something is wrong be just continue a normal life while his wife might be sleeping/seeing someone else?

Not saying spying is the right choice here, but maybe calling the TV show cheaters would be better. ;) ok probably not that either, but the OP might have be play an active role in finding out what's going on.

19. macrumors 601

Well, I didn't offer a technical answer for the same reason as you didn't. But I didn't offer advice from a moral point of view either. Anyway, I appreciate the good humor.

20. macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Once ive mastered the art of spying on my wife, I intend to spy on other peoples wives;):D:D