Need Help w/LCD for G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by edward-k, Sep 19, 2004.

1. edward-k macrumors member

I just picked up a new G5 2.5 and am now in the market for a new monitor. Although the apple's certainly look good / high quality - for my needs a good 19" LCD will do the trick. I spent the afternoon looking at a few samsungs (912n) and viewsonics at compusa - any advice or suggestions would be appreciated??

Thanks
    Ed

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

The KDS Radius series is a terrific bet to look at. They are stylish, inexpensive, and stable. :)

3. sarae macrumors 6502

I also second the kds radius.. I've had one for about four years now and I still love everything about it, tho I wish the res size was bigger. (Then again, it's 4 years old, no one had these crazy big lcd's back in 2000.) :)

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I'll third that. I got my gf one a year and a half ago and it's great. Very stylish and a very clear, crisp, bright image.

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Have used KDS, pretty good quality for the money. Get it.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My advice would have been to have purchased an Apple Cinema Display along with your G5. The big reason is so that you can receive the 3 year Apple Care on both. They must have been purchased on the same purchase order for that to happen.

My feeling is that if you are spending on the best like a 2.5 G5, then why not have the best display.

7. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio