Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edward-k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
I just picked up a new G5 2.5 and am now in the market for a new monitor. Although the apple's certainly look good / high quality - for my needs a good 19" LCD will do the trick. I spent the afternoon looking at a few samsungs (912n) and viewsonics at compusa - any advice or suggestions would be appreciated??

Thanks
Ed

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
edward-k said:
I just picked up a new G5 2.5 and am now in the market for a new monitor. Although the apple's certainly look good / high quality - for my needs a good 19" LCD will do the trick. I spent the afternoon looking at a few samsungs (912n) and viewsonics at compusa - any advice or suggestions would be appreciated??

Thanks
Ed

The KDS Radius series is a terrific bet to look at. They are stylish, inexpensive, and stable. :)

sarae

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
madison, WI
invaLPsion said:
The KDS Radius series is a terrific bet to look at. They are stylish, inexpensive, and stable. :)

I also second the kds radius.. I've had one for about four years now and I still love everything about it, tho I wish the res size was bigger. (Then again, it's 4 years old, no one had these crazy big lcd's back in 2000.) :)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
sarae said:
I also second the kds radius.. I've had one for about four years now and I still love everything about it, tho I wish the res size was bigger. (Then again, it's 4 years old, no one had these crazy big lcd's back in 2000.) :)

I'll third that. I got my gf one a year and a half ago and it's great. Very stylish and a very clear, crisp, bright image.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
edward-k said:

Thanks
Ed

My advice would have been to have purchased an Apple Cinema Display along with your G5. The big reason is so that you can receive the 3 year Apple Care on both. They must have been purchased on the same purchase order for that to happen.

My feeling is that if you are spending on the best like a 2.5 G5, then why not have the best display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.