Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I just bought a Galaxy Nexus from someone, the Nexus is running a ROM called "Codename Android" What would be the process for restoring it back to complete stock? Unrooted/stock rom/locked bootloader (if it even is locked?)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Go Here All the info you need should be there. Or if not you can ask the question and get the info you need. If you dont see it, then somebody will probably link it if it is in there.

Somebody here may know as well but for more info and how to do things on the N7, that is the place to go.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Go Here All the info you need should be there. Or if not you can ask the question and get the info you need. If you dont see it, then somebody will probably link it if it is in there.

Somebody here may know as well but for more info and how to do things on the N7, that is the place to go.

Psst GN not N7. But other forums on XDA will help the op out.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
I did, I can't seem to get these drivers working.. this is a nightmare.. all I want is a stock Galaxy Nexus :(

Download your correct Nexus factory image here. Save the image file to your phone. I have found it more reliable to save it to the phones memory and not a SD card as sometimes recovery mode does not recognize the SD card. Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up. Navigate to the downloaded stock image and flash the phone.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Download your correct Nexus factory image here. Save the image file to your phone. I have found it more reliable to save it to the phones memory and not a SD card as sometimes recovery mode does not recognize the SD card. Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up. Navigate to the downloaded stock image and flash the phone.

There's no external SD card slot on the GNex unfortunately.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
You should not need a computer at all. Just visit the link with your phone, download the file, boot into recovery and install. No reason to think Google apps would not already be included.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
You should not need a computer at all. Just visit the link with your phone, download the file, boot into recovery and install. No reason to think Google apps would not already be included.

My phone had no recovery, it was a paperweight... I actually fixed it after about 6 hours. Decided to use a friends Windows PC which was a nightmare getting the ADB and Fastboot drivers to work, did that and used some 3rd party software to install the Factory Image from Google.. up and running now. ;)

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
My phone had no recovery, it was a paperweight... I actually fixed it after about 6 hours. Decided to use a friends Windows PC which was a nightmare getting the ADB and Fastboot drivers to work, did that and used some 3rd party software to install the Factory Image from Google.. up and running now. ;)

Wow, no recovery mode. Sounds like it was pretty messed up. Glad it worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.