Need help with book TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thechris69, Jan 14, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2005
    im doing a project in school, and i need your opinions on what the biggest problem is in the book, like the climax
  2. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    The biggest problem with TUESDAY WITH MORRIE, was no Powerbook G5:p :)

Sorry, just had to. I´m not quite sure what you mean with the biggest problem? Can you try to be a bit more clear?
    Long time since I read it, can´t remember a "Problem" though
  3. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Hey Chris,
    For starters have you read it? I read it when I was younger and it definitely made me think about death at a level I'd never have even considered before. Without a doubt its had an small but significant impact on the way I've thought during my medical career.

I'd also suggest after reading it that you get the movie. The movie is quite well done and a great companion to the book. But certainly not a substitute.

I think most will be unlikely to give their summary of their opinions of the book as far as problems go. It's more than just about the death, it's more about how it challenges your personal opinions and predjudices.

Good luck.
  4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I don't see much of a "problem" in the book... no real conflict. Though the main point certainly is death, and the author's (forget his name) ways in which he coped with it.
  5. El Duderino macrumors member

Mar 29, 2004
    i read it about half way through about 3 years ago, and then stopped from some reason and never picked it back up again. so im not even sure what the climax is or how it really ends...but i guess thats no real help to you.
  6. jamesi macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2005
    Davis CA
    look, the book hints on the various themes associtated with death. the tuesdays with morrie are so valued but this is b/c of what morrie has done. a life lead without selfishness and disregard for the important things in life. its not about money or what you did, its what you will be remembered for. we all do things for our reasons...but are some reasons more profound than the others. what constitutes a satisfactory life and why would someone need to decide whats satisfactory and whats not.
  7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    can people try to put new threads in the right forum - this is hardly news worthy ;)

8. roadapple macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2004