Need help with buying a Helicopter

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by liketom, Feb 3, 2006.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Hi all ,

Looking to buy a R/C Helicopter from a website , but i'm not too sure with this website ?

can any of the sharp shooters here take a look at the site and give me your feedback of the website
    http://richeo.com/

cheers:)

2. Toreador93 macrumors regular

It looks ok to me. This does bring back memories, I use to be very interested in R/C airplanes (8-10 years ago). I never bought one myself, because I couldn't afford it. But I read everything I could, and would say I'm as knowledgable about them as one can get without every owning one. But I digress.

I know it's in USD, but http://www.towerhobbies.com is probably the most well-known R/C catalog. I checked, and they do ship outside of US/Canada. Also, Richeo seems to have only a 7-day return policy, while TowerHobbies has a 30-day. Don't know if that makes a difference with you being in the UK.

3. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

thanks for that , reading up on them Walkera Heli on some other forums , and they say to avoid that model like the plague :eek:

so looks like i will be going with the more expensive Century - Hummingbird V3 Electric Helicopter for £149.99 from my local
    http://www.hobbins-models.co.uk/acatalog/Electric_Helicopters.html#a198

all i need to do is put a pin hole camera on that bad boy and take it up :D

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

[​IMG]

5. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

That would be soooo coool :cool:

Attached Files:

6. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

You can get them on ebay! I got mine for £9, coloured camera, runs 9 hours on one battery, comes from hong kong though, bought tonnes of stuff from hong kong you shouldn't have a problem!

7. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

When I was 10 or so, I watched a guy, who had a R/C Airwolf. He could control the maschineguns and the rocketlauncher (EDIT: just letting it out, no shooting) and the wheels with his remote and let the bird do a looping. I was so amazed. That helicopter was really, really fast.

8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

After reading the title of this thread, I thought you wanted a real helicopter. Some people ask for advice on buying a new Mac or a digital camera. But a helicopter? ;) :D

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Indeed i was about ready to ask you to sponsor my project.........would you:D

Bless