Need Help with E-Mail!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JOD8FY, Apr 9, 2004.

1. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    United States
    Hello Everyone,

I bought my PB not too long ago and today when I tried to check my e-mail using Mail I was told that my trial .Mac account had expired. I have RoadRunner on my Windows desktop with Outlook Express. I want to hook my PB up to my account on my desktop so that I can check my e-mail from my PB. Do I need to install Outlook on my PB? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
  2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    no. you need to setup a new account in mail (Mail-->Preferences, then Accounts tab). you need to supply your username (the first part of your email address) your password and the mail servers. you can call roadrunner to find out for sure or check in the preferences of outlook on your pc. most likely they are both "". if your e-mail address is, for example,, then your username is jod8fy, hopefully you know your password, and the servers are both if your email address is, then the servers are probably

maybe somebody else who has roadrunner cable can verify this...

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004
    I use Mail on my G4 and have RoadRunner as my ISP. I have attached what the set up window looks like. Just fill in what would be approproate for your area. Its under the "Mail" menu > Preferences > Accounts.