need help with ebay feedback?

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by Moxiemike, May 15, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Check here. :)

Some of my faves:

Praise: When I open boxes of cereal, you should be inside. Yes, you're THAT GOOD!

Praise: Very HIGH QUALITY preserved cancer tumors. I ate them. I know it was wrong.

Praise: Tub o jelly. 12 gallon belly. Greasy layers, oh so smelly. SEXUALLY ENTICING.

Praise: Has intestinal FORTITUDE!!! Eats PORTIONED meals!!! Enjoys NOURISHMENT!!!

Praise: Best seller on Ebay! In fact, this experience made me want to put down my gun.

2. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: need help with ebay feedback?

_Praise: Great seller! Who cared for me when I was sick? You got it - jazztime did.

man. this might be the most surreal one there. teehee

3. macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

These are great!

It's amazing how our society is changing. A decade ago, if you would have said "eBay Feedback" - you would have gotten blank stares. Also, relative anonymity on the web allows people to be funnier and more honest (at least open).

4. macrumors 65816

Those really don't help future buyers or sellers from getting a well rounded idea if they should do business with that person or not. You're wasting the feedback oppurtunity and not helping anyone who deals with that person in the future.

Thanks! :)

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

can you say wet blanket? ;)

6. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

no, but i can say, "The Pope bought his Pope Hat on eBay. You didn't know that, did u? OUTSTANDING!"

i love this guy. thanks for the link.

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Pittsburgh, eh mr kicked? whereabouts???

8. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

Ahh the Burgh-parts:)

i'm in squirrel hill for another three months, but then it's off to chicago Where do you live? (also, where to you shop? compusa or mac outfitters?)

9. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Re: need help with ebay feedback?

Oh yeah, it's so fun to try and build up a respectable rating, only to wake up one day and find one or two of these retarded comments in your feedback.

What a dork.

10. macrumors 65816

alset

How about, "Many people do business on eBay to make a living?"

I know two people who take their feedback very seriously. One is in a lawsuit over someone who gave him false feedback because it hurts his ability to do business and cost him several documented transactions. True, these are meant in good fun, but eBay is business.

Dan

11. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i think ebay better worry about the scam artists that exploit their system before they say word one to someone who's making a joke.

what's wrong with a "feedback removal petition"? obviously these are jokes, if someone cares that much, give them a way to remove it.

12. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

you can appeal to have feedback removed but it takes a few days and they don't make any promises unless its vuglar or gives out personal information.

13. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Ahh the Burgh-parts:)

Chicago. Lucky. I'm in the suburbs outside Monroeville but i'm always in the city and spend a decent amt of time in Sq. Hill (Coffee Tree, etc)

I shop at the wilkins twp compusa, which is like, five minutes from me... more out of convenience. :D

14. macrumors 65816

Yes, I can say alot, and obviously you like to hear your self talk a lot too. A wet blanket would be used by a person of younger years lacking wisdom as well as common sense, kind of similar to the type of person would misuse the feedback on ebay.

15. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Well, there bigger misuses of eBay out there, and some smart a$$ typing funny feedback comments is PROBABLY the leats of ebay's worries, what with fraud running rampant all through the site....

16. macrumors 65816

melchior

i agree. wet blanket it is.

17. thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

I solemnly swear to NEVER leave serious feedback again. it will be true AFA positive/negative. But it will be FUNNY. :)

18. macrumors 65816

melchior

here, here! i'll drink to that!