Need help with EMac data recovery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tom Bodett, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Tom Bodett macrumors newbie

I have a EMac with Mac OS X vs 10.3.9
    Prior user erased hard drive. Took to ADR data recovery and they scanned the hard drive and were unable to recover any data.

Looking for input on other techniques to recover data from hard drive or other companies that specialize in Mac data recovery.

Your thoughts would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Tom

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Why do you want to retrieve someone elses data from your machine. If they erased the harddrive they probably valued their privacy.

Sounds fishy to me.

3. Tom Bodett thread starter macrumors newbie

data recovery

My group has a security interest in the data that was erased.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

OK that's sounding a little less fishy (I thought you'd bought a machine off eBay or something).

You might try this although I'm not sure it'll work on an erased and reformatted drive.

Do you know how it was erased? If it was a secure re-format (re-write the entire drive a few times) you might be totally out of luck.

5. Tom Bodett thread starter macrumors newbie

data recovery help

Not totally sure of the method used, ADR indicates the hard drive was re-formatted.

Would prefer to engage a data recovery company vs trying to install and run software.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I can't suggest anyone, hopefully someone else will be along soon. My only piece of advice would be not to use the machine. Any use will result in data being written to the drive and this will reduce the chance of recovery.

7. cindymoore2010 macrumors newbie

Can't suggest good problem solving solution but you can try erased and reformatted drive procedure.