Need help with figuring out webspace

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by joecool85, Mar 12, 2006.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Ok, right now my only website is thatraymond.com I use my free 1gb of web space from the university's server. However, I'm thinking about starting a website with a forum about building solid state guitar amps. So now I want to upgrade and get some "real" webspace. Also, its inevitable that I will need to do this eventually anyway, because when I'm done college I will no longer have that webspace anyway. So...if I was to get a godaddy account, or similar, is it possible to use the same webspace to host www.thatraymond.com, and then buy another domain (www.somethingaboutguitarampsorwhatever.com) could I host both of them off the same webspace?

2. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Search around for a host that will let you do this. Most good hosts will let you host multiple domains on one hosting plan.

3. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

I use powweb.com and it's a great deal and I have 5 or 6 websites on the same account.

4. looklost macrumors regular

I been using http://bluehost.com. 10gig of space, 6 domains, free domain register plus free renewal, fantastico, cPanel X, shopping carts, credit card support, forum area for help, and live phone support for $95 a year.

5. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Let me give you a little preview of what's to come in this thread:

20 people will suggest dreamhost.com
    20 people will say that dreamhost sucks, and instead suggest asmallorange.com
    20 people will suggest something else

Personally, I'm an ASO'er :)

6. funkytastic macrumors newbie

I use Bluegravity.com, works great for me and you can host multiple domains per account.

7. theappleguy macrumors 6502

Yes, just look in the specs to see how many domains the host will host for you. TJR Networks or Myacen are good options. :)

8. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. I've found a lot of these places on google and stuff, but its good to hear what others are using and how well its working out.