Need help with iPhoto Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joshysquashy, Dec 31, 2006.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

A while ago, one photo on my iphoto library became corrupted, i dont know how. the thumbnail showed up, but not the full size image.

to delete it, i right clicked on it, selected reveal in finder, and put that in the trash. im not sure now why i did it that way, but... i did.

so, now iphoto appears fine, minus that one photo, but everytime i sync my ipod with itunes (with photos automatically copying), it says that one or more photos could not copy because they were not found.

does anyone know if there is a way to clean up an iphoto library?

2. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

Is there a blank thumbnail inside iPhoto now instead of the old one? I wasn't clear on what you mean by "minus that one photo" - if you mean that everything looks fine except for that or if the photo is totally gone now. If the thumbnail is still there, delete that from inside iPhoto and then empty iPhoto's trash. I'm guessing you've learned that was the way to do it in the first place - iPhoto is really fickle with changing things around in the library folders in Finder. I learned the hard way!

3. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

im pretty sure that the thumbnail no longer shows up. i wondered if there was an application that can perform maintenance on an iphoto library?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew