Need help with my Razr V3

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Koree, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

I was wondering if i could upload mp3 sound files using a USB cable to my Razr to use it as a ringtone, is this possible?

Thanks ahead of time!

Koree

2. BlairOR macrumors newbie

yes it is possible but it would be much easier over bluetooth using OBEX.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    get a D-link Bluetooth adapter, and you can send whatever you want back and forth

Edit an mp3 down to like 15 seconds, send it to the phone, apply as ringtone..done

I have a Bob Marley track as my ring tone on my RazR V3 right now...JAH!!!

4. dxm113 macrumors member

who is your carrier? if it is verizon, OBEX is crippled (to my knowledge), and you need a hack to enable it, FYI.

5. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

can you give more detail on this hack? I'm looking into getting a vcast phone with verizon, but want to be able to put songs on easily with bluetooth, will I be able to do this? also, someone said I need a pc, is this true?

6. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you but um... please tell me how to do this with USB, i just want to do this once. :D

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

My Razr didn't even come with a USB cord, so I use bluetooth...so I don't know how to do it that way....

You may need software or something like Data Pilot...

8. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Why would a carrier do that? YOU bought the phone, YOU should be able to use all the features it should have. Ugh! Everyone wants to play big brother.

I have Cingular and just use Bluetooth to send mp3's and pictures over.

9. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

10. DMPDX macrumors 6502

Well I have the verizon razr V3c, and to clarify, bluetooth on the phone isnt totally crippled. You can use the macs bluetooth module and bluetooth file exchange to transfer songs pics and files. HOWEVER. Verizon installs their own phone os over the supplied one from motorola. Thats why the razr interface looks like any other verizon vcast phone. USB from V3c to mac is crippled though, but the hacked version of isync work beautifully. I like the razr very much. But a question for the one who said to edit down the songs; what program did you use to edit them then export to mp3? Becasue itunes wont do it, garage band wont do it, and I havent gotten to my buddies PMG5 to try logic pro, just curious.:)

11. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

ummmm.....you can edit songs in iTunes by changing when you want the song to begin and end (highlight the song>get info>options) then go to advanced>convert selection to whatever. It will create a second version of the song set to however long you wanted it to be..

In Garageband, you can cut up any song file, and then export it to iTunes.

To convert to Mp3, just do it in iTunes the way you would convert any song to Mp3.

I use Recycle to get it just right, but that's not a free program.

there are many ways to edit tracks.

:)

12. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

13. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I dont know if this thread helps but...have you seen this?

Also Im asuming you don't have bluetooth because that is by far the easyest way for me

14. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i just got my RAZR yesterday, and absolutely love it, but bluetooth is slow as S**T peaking at about 6 kb/s never higher....is this as fast as bluetooth goes? i really don't know, and since i'm new to the phone wat is OBEX?