Need help with photo pricing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cookie1105, Oct 24, 2006.

1. cookie1105 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I have been approached by a company that sponsors one of the riders competing in the Danish championships that I covered last weekend. They would like to buy hi-res versions of some of my images.

I have put up a gallery of pictures of the rider in question for them to look at and am going to ask them to let me know which pictures they want and what they are going to be used for so that I can make a fair quote.

Is this the right way to approach the situation? How much should I charge for a limited 1 year release?

I am a bit lost as I am only used to a pricing structure for assignments and not for selling individual photographs, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps this is the company in question

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

If they are planning to advertise with your photos, I guarantee you they have a HUGE budget to work with. Imop, your high quality photos are going to be the eye candy that gets people to look at their ads. Make 'em pay!;)

3. cookie1105 thread starter macrumors 6502

True.

I think they will be advertising with them.

But then again I don't want to overprice myself so much that they wouldn't use me again in the future.

4. cookie1105 thread starter macrumors 6502

just sharing, this is the sort of photo we are talking about.

[​IMG]

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I take surf pics - I aspire to find a buyer some day...

nice, clean and crisp shot! Looks like that dude's been hanging for days!

6. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Look for a professional photographer's organization in your country. I'm not familiar with groups in the EU, but I know there are places online for pricing images- they tend to be posted relatively often at dpr, I shoot fine art, so I don't have them bookmarked. You may also want to see if you can find somone versed in copyright law in your area to ensure that any logos, people and things like that are appropriately covered under whatever terms you shot the event under if you don't have releases. You may also want to ensure you have the appropriate insurance in case someone else feels they aren't. ;)