Need help with rollovers in Adobe ImageReady

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cwright, Jun 20, 2005.

1. cwright macrumors 6502a

I hope some of you out there are familiar with ImageReady, because this is really bugging me. I am familiar with creating layer-based rollovers and that is usually what I do. But now I want to do something different, and i can't figure it out:

I want to have the "hotspot" button act as a typical rollover, but also activate another layer eslewhere on the page. i.e. a button on the left side of the page when rolled over will make something appear (another PS layer) on the right side of the page, BUT still keep the "hotspot" area only on the button on the left side. So that means you have to roll over the button on the left to activate it, but if you roll over the area on the right, nothing happens. I hope that makes sense... I think I just confused myself :)

Anyway I can't get this to work. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm using Photoshop & ImageReady CS2 if that makes any difference.

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I use Fireworks, not Imageready, but in Fireworks it's in the behaviors panel. There's a 'swap image' behavior that has preferences for what slice gets swapped by what rollover.

3. cwright thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the tip. I didn't find any behaviors window in ImageReady, but I did get it to work. Turns out you have to use the Image Map rollover instead of a Layer Based rollover to make it work how I wanted it to.