Need help with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dont24, Oct 30, 2006.

1. dont24 macrumors regular

Had my wife swap out the cable modem today. The bottom line is she had to called tech support and they had her install the damn Comcast installer software to register the modem. Now Safari has stooped working. No problem browsing with Firefox, but Safari just hangs when trying to open an website.
    Any ideas?

2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Yeah that Comcast software is not doing you any good. I would suggest removing it and find out from Comcast if you can configure your settings manually.

3. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

I use Comcast and there is no software necessary at all. The fact that Safari is not working could be a problem with just Safari. Go up to the Safari menu bar, down to Empty Cache, if that doesn't work, try Reset Safari.

4. dont24 thread starter macrumors regular

I found the issue. The damn Comcast installer set up a new location in the network Preferences, which included proxies. I removed the "comcast" location, set it back to automatic, and all is well.

5. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

yeah get rid of the comcast software, its probably just as useless as the mediacom software we use...i work for mediacom cable(cable internet) and do tech support

6. rstorm macrumors regular

comcast installer always causes more problems on our mac's