need help with watching keynote stream!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by toughboy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I've been trying for an hour or so, but I can't watch the keynote stream as fluent and flawless as it should be.. The connection settings are in the right way (and I tried many other settings) and I tried every possible setting to be able to watch the stream fluently displayed..

I believe the problem is not my connection because I have 256kbps DSL and it should provide 24kbs/sec. I check with Netlimiter and quicktime uses 4kbs in my connection settings. When I change the settings to Lan T1, it uses 8kbs or so, but still delays and lags and low quality pictures and sound going down for few seconds..

anyone who had the same problem, knows how to solve it?

is there any other program to watch the keynote stream on?? a program that perhaps will use my connection more efficiently??

or any ways to "save" or "download" the keynote??? I'm patient, I can wait for hours, and I have a 200Gb harddisk, so space is not an issue..

Please help, I really wanna watch steve.. :(

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Did you try this at apple.com? I had to try a couple of times before I got a good connection, prior got "bad connection." Did you refresh Safari?

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

It cuts out every 5 mins or so where i do hear the sound but there is a still pictuer but it gets back in about 3-7 secs. Try to restart your computer or disconnect and then reconnect to the internet.

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

6. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

7. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

I just checked the stream, and there are parts where the bandwidth usage is over 800kbps, and it averages around 500kbps. I don't know how accurate the Quicktime bandwidth usage meter is, but its obvious that your connection doesn't provide the bandwidth required. So yes, it actually is due to your connection.