Need help with Web cam

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CarnyAprilia, Oct 20, 2004.

1. CarnyAprilia macrumors newbie

I just got my webcam in the mail. It came for free with my subscription to my ISP, so if it ends up not working, i'm not going to be too bummed. It's a Logitech QuickCam Messenger, USB connection and I cannot for the life of me get the darn thing to work. iChat won't recognize it and i've tried installing the software it came with (QuickCam 8.0.1), but to no avail.

I also tried something from the Mac website called iSightWeb, which claims to help connect USB web cams to macs, but either i'm not setting it up right, or it doesn't work.

I've checked in the About area, and my computer "sees" the USB camera.

Any suggestions for me on how I can get this to work?

Thanks.
    c

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

3. CarnyAprilia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I have left the original software that came with the camera on the computer, and tried loading the new one, but from what I can tell, it did nothing. But then again, I could have done it wrong....

Any other suggestions?

4. Gee macrumors 65816

If it's not working with iChat you could try it with Yahoo messenger. I know that maybe doesn't help long term if you want to use ichat to chat, but at least you could check if it actually works. Yahoo messenger is a free download.

Also, Quickcam messenger is not Mac compatible, according to the Logitech site, so the drivers that came with it might not be any use. I've used drivers from IOXperts previously to get logitech cameras to work - you could check out their site (www.ioxperts.com).