Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
At least on espn.com I am having trouble playing some of their streams I but I have been able to play at least one of the streams, so I am not sure why I can't play the other ones. I have the most recent version of windows media player. I also have tried the links to the streams, on Safari, Firefox, IE, and Netscape all with no luck on the ones that wont work.

Here is a link to where one of the streams wont work and one that does.
ESPN Radio
The first link on the right side to the current radio show does not work for me, but the link for espn news does work...

Can anyone help me?

Does the first radio show work for any one or is it just me?

JamesDPS

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2004
Irvine, CA
I know my dad wanted to watch clips on his Cal Bears fan site, and unfortunately has to use Internet Explorer to do it. Other than using the most up-to-date version of Windows Media Player, I don't know of any straightforward fixes -- I too would be very happy to hear of one. Anyone?

(That's one of my few remaining beefs with OS X and developers like, in this case, Microsoft -- obviously it's not practical to expect it to handle ALL the weird media formats out there, but MICRO$OFT, get off your asses and give us a version of WMP that WORKS, at least in a way comparable to the Winblows version!)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
scifi451 said:
At least on espn.com I am having trouble playing some of their streams I but I have been able to play at least one of the streams, so I am not sure why I can't play the other ones. I have the most recent version of windows media player. I also have tried the links to the streams, on Safari, Firefox, IE, and Netscape all with no luck on the ones that wont work.

Here is a link to where one of the streams wont work and one that does.
ESPN Radio
The first link on the right side to the current radio show does not work for me, but the link for espn news does work...

Can anyone help me?

Does the first radio show work for any one or is it just me?
OK, which clip isn't working for you? I managed to find links to three files that won't play. However, the error message is that the player can't find them. If those are the files that won't play, then it may be because they have been removed from the site. It does happen.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
MisterMe said:
OK, which clip isn't working for you? I managed to find links to three files that won't play. However, the error message is that the player can't find them. If those are the files that won't play, then it may be because they have been removed from the site. It does happen.

The one that wont play is All Night with Todd Right (that is the program that is on right now) it is the show right above ESPN news on the right side.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
MisterMe said:

What are the links that you did manage to find?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
scifi451 said:
What are the links that you did manage to find?
I have managed to get Todd Wright. It seems fairly clear to me that you can't get the clips that you want because they aren't available when you try to get them. ESPN Radio.com doesn't seem to be particularly good at keeping its links up-to-date. The fault, dear Brutus lies not in Safari, it lies in ESPN.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
MisterMe said:
I have managed to get Todd Wright. It seems fairly clear to me that you can't get the clips that you want because they aren't available when you try to get them. ESPN Radio.com doesn't seem to be particularly good at keeping its links up-to-date. The fault, dear Brutus lies not in Safari, it lies in ESPN.

At least it is not Safari's fault, what is the link for Todd Wright, because I would love to get their regular show to play.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
scifi451 said:
At least it is not Safari's fault, what is the link for Todd Wright, because I would love to get their regular show to play.
You have to search around the site for them. All of the "links" on the home page seem to be just unlinked buttons. All in all, the ESPN Radio site really seems to be on hard times. It is poorly designed and poorly maintained.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
MisterMe said:
You have to search around the site for them. All of the "links" on the home page seem to be just unlinked buttons. All in all, the ESPN Radio site really seems to be on hard times. It is poorly designed and poorly maintained.

I will search around but just wondering if you could give me the link since you found it already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.