Need help with..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CNU182, Jun 29, 2006.

1. CNU182 macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    Non-mac laptop hardware. Where would I post such a question?

Thanks in advance.
  2. technicolor macrumors 68000

Dec 21, 2005
  3. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    haha..but it's a TOSHIBA, nice try :)
    I'll try to keep it brief. My girl's Toshiba Satellite has a dc-in that looks like this:

Except now that middle pin is stuck in the wall adapter with no room to pull it
    out with tweezers or anything like that. I was thinking maybe a strong magnet might do the trick but..

1. is there anyway to get the little metal pin out of the adapter
    2. if i purchase a replacement such as the one pictured above from ebay, how hard is it to install?

i took the unit completely apart the other night in order to clean the fans/heatsink, so disassembly shouldn't be too much of an issue. Thanks in advance
  4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    Which Satallite does she have? I have an M30 and haven't had many problems with, but I did replace the just stopped working one day.

Your best option is probably just to have it repaired because Toshibas aren't the easiest to work with and this seems like a tough job. I know I've lost a number of screws and plastics bits just thinking about opening mine up.. :eek:
  5. CNU182 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    Well i ordered the part off ebay for around $12, and my friend is going to help me solder it.

It's an A65 Satellite. I just took it apart last night and didn't have any 'extra' screws, so im pretty confident (thanks Right now im just trying to get the pin out of the adapter/look for the cheapest one i can find. Thanks