Need Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G5Unit, May 22, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I have a bunch of movies (57 of them) that I want to put on a dvd. But when importing them into iMovie (which took hours) the file size of all of them goes up to 13 gigs. Suppose to be 1.72 gigs. Ant software that I can se to import all of them into one movie? iMovie is going to take 800 minutes before it's done.

2. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

u want them on a dvd to play in a dvd player or stored as a data dvd? if u want data, why would u import into imovie, if u want movie movie, then its gonna take more than one dvd.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...no real answer to your question (sorry) but perhaps have a read through the sticky thread at the top of this forum, specifically point #1.....oh yeah!

4. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Oh sorry. All the movies together are 1.72 gb. That should fit. Shouldn't it?

5. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Well yes, that should fit if you want to have the movies in a data format. If thats the case then just drag and drop your movies onto the empty DVD and burn it. If you want it to be able to play in your DVD player, however, things are a bit different. You'll need to use iDVD, but what will happen is all your movies will be converted to mpeg-2 (standard DVD movie format). This results in them getting significantly larger.

6. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Anyway I can drag and drop them into IDVD and still make them play all at once? Instead of them going back to the menu every time the movie clip is done.

7. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Oh. I see what you're trying to do. You want it to be one continuous thing. In that case, I think imovie will do that for you, but you still wont be able to fit them all onto one DVD, since the mpeg-2 compression will make the files too big. Sorry, dont know what else to tell you

8. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Thanks for the help. I'll try something else.