need help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rickvanr, Aug 28, 2003.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

is there any way to access a windows formatted harddrive (firewire) in os x? is it possible without reformatting and losing all the data

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I windows disk should be readable in OS X, things like floppies, CDs and zip disks are...so you should be able to just plug the disk into your mac and get the files. Correct me if I am wrong anybody.:)

Edit: Cool! You are from Brockville Ontario, I really like the area up there on the St. Lawrence! Just thought that I would add that.:cool:

3. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

im not saying u are right or wrong, but in this case u are wrong... thanks for the help tho

it is a beautiful place, are u from around here... its a rarity to see or hear from someone who knows of brockville

4. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

it should read it, but it may ask you to format the hard drive...
    I hope it doesnt. just plug it in and see. That is the best way to do it. If it asks to intialize it, just press "ignore" and then unplug the thing.

5. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

thats what happened. tried both usb and firewire, but no luck, i didnt expect it to work at all, it just would have been a huge time saver... ill just have to talk my friend into getting a mac i guess :D

6. zvitali macrumors member

You can read and write only FAT32 formatted drive. OS X will not recognized a hard drive formatted as NTFS.