Need helping with an old apple game

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by erykah, Feb 18, 2007.

1. erykah macrumors newbie

I think around '95 or so I remember playing a game on my Apple. However, I don't really remember a whole lot about the game. I remember the point was trying to find the "wise child" and there was a lot of searching along the way. When we got the computer it was fairly old, so the game may date way before '95. Has anyone ever heard of such a game? It has been driving me crazy for a very long time!

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

How was the game? Adventure? Action? Puzzle? names of the characters? any more info would help with the search :)

3. erykah thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the game was black and white, if I remember correctly. I would describe it as an adventure. The whole point was to go searching for this "Wise Child" which is the only character I can remember. I vaguely remember going through tunnels and possibly using a "honey lamp" or something of the sort.

I don't have a whole lot of memory about this game, which is strange because I played it all the time.

4. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Hmm... Google is no help :( Was it a 2d or 3d game? 1st person perspective or 3rd person perspective?

5. erykah thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it was 3rd person, and 2d, I believe, although I am not sure. You watched the person go through as you directed them.

ETA: Also, I think it might have given you options, on what you wanted to do as you went through. I'm sorry I don't remember much, I will understand if you can't find it. I just thought maybe someone else had heard of it and it wasn't just me! :)

6. artscreen macrumors newbie

7. erykah thread starter macrumors newbie

My God I think you found it...thank you SO SO SO SO much!

ETA: I have one last question, if anyone would be able to tell me how to be able to download and play it on a laptop running Windows XP, you would be my best friend.

8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Check here

BTW, is abandonware considered legal to download? If not, scrape the link :eek:

9. Roderick Usher macrumors regular