Need iBook protection from scratches

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by blvdeast, Apr 17, 2004.

1. blvdeast macrumors regular

I have my iBook 12" for about 3 months now and I learned that the plastic does scratch and get dusty easily. I once saw, before I got the iBook, a cover (not a bag, not a case, not a binder) that went behind the screen all the way to the bottom of the keyboard. The website had a bunch of different colors and styles and the Apple logo can be seen through them. I want to use that since I never have to take it off, and it protects from the scratches, just what I need. Anyone know this company/website?

2. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Try this company:
    http://www.powerdesignusa.com/

I have a clear bodymask from them for my 17" PowerBook. It works great but you have to be very cautious putting it on (so that you align it properly and do not get dirt/bubbles underneath).
    My wife also has a clear mask for her 3G 20GB iPod and it works great too.

If you want something to slide over your iBook/PowerBook during travels or non-use, try this:
    http://thinkdifferentstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35_75&products_id=14

I had this for my 12" iBook G4 and have it for my 17" PowerBook and it is awesome. You can also use it to wipe off your lcd screen.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This is interesting...are these stickers removable / replacable, if they start to wear out, or you get tired of the design, or are you pretty much stuck with it?

5. blvdeast thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. The stickers are interesting (I have the same question as ^) but they are not it. It was the MacSkinz. I found the website, but they are not up right now, so i'll have to go through eBay. But my concern with the stickers is the possibility for air bubbles to form as I apply it, and can the stickers themselve scratch, or rip also.