need keyboard only

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jer446, May 21, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

There are tons of threads about what mouse to buy, so i bought the logitech mx1000. Now i need a wireless keyboard. I dont really care wether its bluetooth or not, just i cant find like anywhere where they would sell a keyboard alone. Im not sure if i should go apple bt, or is there some logitech keyboard that would go well with the mx1000??

2. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

apple bt

the apple BT keyboard is really cool and well built and you can get it by itself, there is a rumor somewhere that they are coming out with a new one with small improvements for power management but i am not sure if it is true and i don't really have any complaints about my BT wireless keyboard.

3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

If you want the best keyboard to compliment the best mouse I say pay the extra amount and get a Tactile Pro. BEST. KEYBOARD. EVER. :cool:

You can actually get them for around $70 if you search the web.

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Logitech sells the MX 3100 package, this is an MX1000 mouse with their MX1000 accompanied keyboard... but OS X support is unknown. I doubt it works with OS X

5. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cant get that, already bought the mx1000 mouse alone. lol. I think i will go for the apple bt mouse. It is the same look and feel of the wired one right?

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

That tactile keyboard looks pretty sweet, anyone got one?

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I second (or third, or whatever) the motion for Apple's Bluetooth keyboard. It is a great keyboard with a small footprint. The keyboard really couldn't get any smaller.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the bluetooth keyboards only work after the OS is up and running? I have to plug a wired keyboard in anytime i want to boot from a disk.

It looks like people need to read what the guy is looking for before responding. A whole desktop and a corded keyboard weren't what he was looking for. I know sometimes I get so eager to throw my two cents in, though, so I understand somewhat.

8. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

Thanks for posting that - I'm tempted to get one to replace my apple wired at home and my wireless Logitech KB at the office (loved my extended that I had with my Mac IIsi). I assume wired b/c of the USB ports. (*venting duracell rage*: I can't put up with changing any more batteries in wireless devices! [and feeling some landfill guilt])