Need KVM switch that works!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MrVegas, Jun 19, 2005.

1. MrVegas macrumors regular

I am trying to run a G5 and a PC from my Mac keyboard, PC mouse and monitor. I bought a Belkin switch but the numeric keypad on the Mac keyboard craps out when running Excel on the PC.

Can anybody recommend a specific KVM switch that works right?

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

http://www.connectpro.com/kvm_usb.htm

even the fancy usb keyboard buttons work on mac, pc, and linux.

3. MrVegas thread starter macrumors regular

4. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

I have an iogear usb version that works great. has audio also and was only 90$ canadian (75$ us).

it works very simple. just hold f12 down for like 1 - 1.5 sec then capslock light flashes till you make a system choice which is done by pressing 1 or 2+enter. what I like most about it is that it keeps the screen position and everything else just the way I want it on both systems.

5. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I also have an IOGear KVM switch (the MiniView Micro USB Plus), and I can set it so that it will switch when I hit the Control key twice. By default it is set to switch when you hit Scroll Lock twice, but it cn be set to a bunch of different keys. I got it for $40 from Best Buy, and it has VGA, two USB ports and a 3.5 mm jack for audio (although it is only left and right channels, it won't support a 2.1 sound systems).

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

btw i assumed you didn't need a dvi connection...