Need LiveType Disc 1 Replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jess_SKS, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jess_SKS macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2005
    I just purchased a new 20" iMac and while I was installing my software on it, I discovered that disc 1 of LiveType in my Production Suite has been destroyed and is unreadable by my super drive.

Is there any way to get apple to replace this CD? If not, would anyone be kind enough to make me a copy of theirs? I just need disc one of LiveType, I don't need a serial or anything illegal.
  2. walkingmac macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2003
    Greater Cincinnati
    if I understand right.... your superdrive has gone to crap and destroyed this disk of yours. I would think that if u took the disk (good idea as well to bring your CPU) to an apple store and I would think they would replace the disk for you if you can prove the physical problem with your drive. I honestly doubt that anyone would send you a copy (though if I had it I might... idk... just seems fishy... sry). That would be my recommendation, take everything to an apple store and explain what happened and hopefully they can see a problem with your machine and replace stuff for ya.
  3. jess_SKS thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2005
    No, the superdrive can't read the disc because it has a giant crack in it. This must have happened during a recent move I made.

I'm not sure why this would sound fishy. LiveType is only available with Final Cut... it's a two disc install... I just need one disc and no serial number.. There isn't anything that could be done with this disc if I didn't actually own the software and have the other discs in my posession.
  4. Cybernanga macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2004
    Essex, United Kingdom
    This is one of the rare cases where you can actually download "warez" and still be legal.

If you keep the cracked CD as proof, feel free to download a disk image of disk1 from anywhere you can find it, and burn to a CD. If the fed's or anyone were ever to question you, simply show them the cracked CD as proof that you have a legal right to the copy you made.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where or how to download a disk image, as it's against forum regulations. But I can suggest that looking for "Peer-to-Peer" software for OSX is a step in the right direction.

N.B. If any Macrumors Mod's read this, I have tried to help based on the information given, and believe that I have not broken any rules, neither have I advocated theft/piracy of any kind. However if you feel I have stepped over the line, please feel free to delete my post, but I would appreciate a PM telling me exactly how far over I was.
  5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2004
    on the sofa
    Take your receipt and broken disk to an Apple store but expect to pay a media charge.