Need lots of help on getting files!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CedarPoint182, Nov 27, 2006.

1. CedarPoint182 macrumors member

I'm very sorry to create a new thread for this, but I need some help. I had to take my MacBook in for repairs today. Before taking it in I changed all of my iwork documents to a Times New Roman font and then put it on a DVD hoping that this would allow me to open it in word on my PCs. I just got home and tried to open my files and can't get anything. Unfortunately I need these files while the computer is gone, so is there any way I can retrieve these or am I better calling Apple and telling them not to ship my computer out after all?

Just to clarify, I am trying to open some of my pages documents on a Microsoft computer.

Thanks for the help.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not gonna happen, the font isn't a problem, the problem is that they need to be in MS Word format to open on a PC (File==>Export), if you can go to an Apple Store, go and get them to convert them to Word format, or try and get them not to ship your Laptop.

3. CedarPoint182 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Is there no way that I can print some sort of an image of it? I don't need to edit these files, I just need to see them. I thought I remembered the
    Apple store saying you print the pages files as images.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah you can "print" them as a PDF using the File==>Print==>PDF option.

Or you can export as a PDF with File==>Export==>PDF.

Both of them will be readable on any PC with acrobat reader.

5. CedarPoint182 thread starter macrumors member

Well I was finally able to figure out how to print these, but unfortunately they are too blurry to read most parts of it. Is this normal? I can see that it is all there, but it just isn't sharpened enough to really read.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Try the export option, normally they come out fine though.