Need Mac users opinions on Printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Boxer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Boxer macrumors regular

My number one item on my christmas list is a new printer. I would like the advice of my fellow Mac guys and gals.
    My requirements are...
    1. Lazer
    2. Color
    3. Would like a copy/fax also.

I am looking at the Dell all in one lazer and an HP all in one lazer.
    Does anyone else have any suggestions or comments?

2. thebear macrumors newbie

I have an All-in-one HP. It's old but so am I. Works great but have never used the fax portion. Have a Voit on line phone so I don't know if I can fax with it. Can someone tell me if it will work on the fax?
    Model psc 950xi.

Bill

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'd guess that you don't want the Dell printer for a Mac. It's likely a re-badged Lexmark Laser multi-function but you'd better check to make sure there are drivers for it. Lexmark has a bad reputation supporting Macs.

DONT GET A LEXMARK!! we got a colour laser printer, by lexmark, the C500, while it said mac compatable..it didn't specify whether intel compatable or not, and they wouldn't let us return it after we found out it wasn't SO BAD! they don't specify which ones are intel mac compatable or not at all. If i were you, most HP's are compatable and i have found samsung to have spectacular support compared to some. and even incompatable printers such as the ml-1610 im using on my macpro right now, works cause of the generic samsung gui. :D so i know samsung has a big beast out on the market, its a colour laser, and it does duplexing and i think faxing, and copying..anyways give it a look :p