Need Mac World Of Warcraft help

Discussion in 'Games' started by Valmin, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Valmin macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2007
    I just recently got a Macintosh Powerbook last week, and I cannot succesfully install World Of Warcraft on to it. The installation goes fine until disk 3, then it says the disk is dirty (and I just took it out of the box to put it in the drive) and i even exchanged the disks and it still has the same problom. I tried it on my friends Hp (which has windows) and the disks work fine!

Anyone here have World Of Warcraft and this same problem? Its bothering the hell outta me.:apple:
  2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2003
    Check around the Blizzard help forums, they might have what you're looking for. Otherwise, see if anyone you know has a DVD install disk. These came with the collector's edition. If you're really desperate you can download the actual files from online as part of the trial and instead use the account you created to log in.
  3. Macheath_Messer macrumors member

Aug 14, 2003
    Ringgold, GA
    WOW trial download URL

here's a link to the 10-day trial Blizzard has been offering.

It'll download a bit-torrent client specifically for downloading WOW. Be advised, however: it's a HUGE download, and will take a long time, even on broadband (it's a several gigabyte download).

One other suggestion I would have for you to try would be to create a copy of the disc giving the trouble. Sounds stupid, you might say. Well, let's just say I had some dumb luck with a problematic install CD I had at one time. Copied a disk image to hard drive, then used Toast to burn a new CD. Voila! It worked!

FWIW, and good luck.