Need More USB 2.0 (Hub question)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iBunny, Feb 16, 2006.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Well, I bought an iMac 20' Core duo today. Its currently on its way. I have too many USB devices and this thing's only issue, is that their are not enough USB ports on it.

I need a good USB 2.0 Hub or something. Anything anyone can recommend?

2. LastLine macrumors 65816

I'll ditto that.

Normally I'd suggest a belkin, but they just don't make anything 'pretty' enough to go with the iMac's. So can anyone suggest a pretty one too?

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I have a little Kensington 4-port USB 2.0 hub that's brushed aluminum, small, and thin. It's worked well for me for over a year on my dual-2.0 PM. No problems. Bought it at the Apple Store in late 2004, I think.

Edit: they've made it smaller. Here is the most recent version of it.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. mvelinder macrumors regular

The one I bought from my retail Apple store I didn't even end up using... way too ugly and way too many cords...

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I really like this one from ADS which is available at Circuit City. It not only has 4 USB 2.0 ports but also handles FireWire and gives you 3 more FireWire ports.

7. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I use this little hub with my iMac, and it's served me pretty well. I like it 'cause it lets me plug my shuffle in on top, and the white matches the iMac. Only has three other USB ports other than the one on top (Four total), but if you don't need too many extra ports, it's compact, and works well.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=198333

8. LastLine macrumors 65816

Y'know I've looked at that one (thinking for my thumb drives on top rrather than shuffles but same difference) - are the ports powered or not? That was one thing I couldn't find on it.

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Yes. I just bought one (without checkin the threads). It comes with a power adapter to power it. The package claims it can support up to two unpowered devices (I assume that's without power adapter).

BTW, while the white looks good, it doesn't quite match my G4 iMac, and wouldn't problably match a G5/intel imac. It's close, but not quite right. Not a problem for me, but just a note.

10. LastLine macrumors 65816

Yeah I got mine a bit back now, but it works a treat :)

11. irock macrumors member

12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Actually the belkin hub is quite nice & cute (IMHO). click stacks too.

13. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i have a belkin 4 port economy hub its black, its ugly, it has little lights telling me whats connected and whats not. and it works absolutely perfect :)
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...Id=&Section_Id=1998&pcount=&Product_Id=123917

i couldnt find one that was cheap and good and pretty looking. ( choose 2 ) i would like to get the belkin firewire hub as well, but thats not AS important.

i sure do like that ministack thing. thats really really cool

edit: that belkin tunesync is awesome!! if i get my 5th gen ipod soon ( waiting on the seller ) i would totally replace ( or add to ) my existing hub with one of those. i could just daisy chain it :)

14. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

I also had that problem with my 20"MacTel.... So I went out and purchased this one...

It comes with screws so that you can mount it on the wall and also desk mountable....

But I just dropped it in the back of my desk since I'm not gonna be unplugging anything... I'll just pull it back up IF I gotta connect anything else...

15. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

16. MustardMan macrumors member

Attached Files: