Need MS Paint-like App for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mike Teezie, May 3, 2004.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I need a simple little app like M$'s Paint that I can draw in, only I need it for OS X.

Could I do something like that with Appleworks, or is there another program that might be more suitable?

2. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

What on earth would you need such a useless app as that for?

3. asarath macrumors newbie

choices

Yes,AppleWorks,will,do.Also,try,GraphicConverter.Sorry,my,space,bar,is,misbehaving.

4. lind0834 macrumors regular

For actually producing anything to print, or show anybody, I would agree with you, however I have seen many people who like a basic functionality and don't want to get bogged down with extra stuff that will only confuse them.

If you feel like getting Geeky and are looking to expand your computerized art skills I'd suggest the GIMP. Definetly more than MS Paint, but a good free App.

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

5. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

It's been so long for me even to remember MS paint what can you do with it but make ugly art?

6. mkaake macrumors 65816

i guess the question is:

uglyart>?noart

I hadn't heard of GIMP before, and ran into this very problem this last weekend. Didn't have tons of time to scrounge around on sourceforge...

but in any event, if you need to draw something simple and quick (or even for your children to tinker with), even ms paint is better than nothing...

matt

7. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I could use it for making simple illustrations for my awesome site. Sometimes I just don't want to fire up illustrator just to draw a little stick dude.

8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Exactly.

There are somethings I can do creatively with that program becasue of its simplicity.