Need Myth 3 tip

Discussion in 'Games' started by bnemesis, Nov 4, 2004.

1. bnemesis macrumors regular

Im stuck in the level "Bonds of the Ohgre".
    The one where you have to break the dream spell of the ogres walking around. So far I have tried a couple stratagies (numerous times).
    1) Convert as many ogre as possible and bring them with you. When you encounter Trow, try to do battle.

and

2) Convert ogre you encounter and let them continue on their way.

So far, the Trow keep bending me over and making me thier playtoy. Anyone beat this level? If so, what strategy did you use?

2. Jason Fox macrumors newbie

Tough level

It's been over a year since I played M3, but I recall having a lot of difficulty with this level. I think in the end what worked was getting as many pigs as possible. Good luck. There may be some walkthrus on the web for help, also.

3. imgonephishin macrumors regular

yeah, it's also been a while since i played this game. if i remember correctly, my strategy went something like this:

1) gather all the mauls you can.

2) bring them all back to near where you started. there should be a gate in the wall near there (you might start already behind it. i don't remember). place all of your units there.

3) lay a ton of satchels in three distinct groups: one about twenty feet outside the wall, one right in the middle of the gate, and the last about ten fifteen feet inside the wall.

4) trigger the trow to come and get you.

5) when they're getting close, send out a few (3?) mauls to meet them on the first set of satchels. blow them up, and pull your dwarfs back. repeat process with next two satchel sets.

6) even though the satchels aren't enough to kill the trow, it should soften them up enough to send in all your maul and other units. messy, but it should work.

note: the converted mauls have an annoying habit of wandering away every now and then, so you'll have to keep an eye on them when they're behind the wall.

ah, the memories. it's all coming back. cheers.