Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
What the police officer did not tell you, is that IF you go through Your insurance company when the other drive is clearly at fault, Your insurance company must then activate their resources to go after the other drivers insurance.

Even if you were clearly not at fault, Your insurance company treats the claim processing as a claim incident or " involvement" on your records.

Now lets say that the next time it IS your fault, as far as they are concerend you've already been "involved" in 2 accidents.

Now if the other driver does not have insurance or if his insurance lapsed for some reason, like non payment, then you would need to go after him through your insurance company.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Whenever someone hit me, my insurance company would ask me if I want them to pay it and then they would get the money from the other people's insurance company.

I always tell them no, BECAUSE IT

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Whenever someone hit me, my insurance company would ask me if I want them to pay it and then they would get the money from the other people's insurance company.

I always tell them no, BECAUSE IT WAS

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC

I always tell them no, BECAUSE

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC

I always tell them no, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC

I always tell them no, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!!

I think that if they give me any kind of money there goes my rates.

But yeah sometimes yours will go up even if it is not your fault.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
I got a job! So 50% of my no car, no job problem has been solved. I start work Monday!

I went out today looking for cars, and I really liked a 2006 VW Passat that I test-drove.

Do you think $21,000 + tax is a good deal for a ex-loaner 2006? I only has 4500 miles, and I guess it would be about $23,000 new. Concidering how people treat cars they don't own, I'm hesitent, but it seems like a good value otherwise. It was an awesome car. The roads were covered in ice and snow, and the car handled fine. When I drove home in my mom's Corolla S, I felt like I was in a sled.

Does anyone own a VW?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.