Need old Safari Tip from Macworld Mag

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Frisco, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

I remember a Safari Tip from an old Macworld Magazine. Maybe 6 months ago, but not exact. It was before panther was released so it was a Jaguar tip.
    Let me try to explain what the tip did.
    In safari when I type in the address bar it brings you to last page you were at and not the homepage, which I want.
    For example if I want to go to the Macrumors homepage, I start typing in Macru and in the address bar comes in automatically http://www.macrumors.com/forums/ubb...at=&Board=UBB25&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=.

This of course was the last page I was at on the Macrumors, but it is annoying when I do this. The tip prevented this from happening, so when I start to type in Macru, it brings up www.Macrumors.com.

I remember I had to lock some file to prevent further changes being made, but I don't remember what I am supposed to lock. I hope it still works in Panther as it was a tip for Jaguar.

Hope I didn't sound too confusing

Any advice?

2. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

I think I found it!

Find the Form Values file and change the Permission to Read Only and Lock it.

Form Values is in Home>Library>Safari>Form Values

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

excellent tip! i have assured that it works and i will be using it. i think you need to clear your history first though. that was annoying me, but i didn't think there would be a fix...

reality

4. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Here's the link
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030425035556585

Says it is the History.plist and not Form Values