Need original "com.apple.mms_override.plist" file for At&t

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fxtrt, Mar 3, 2011.

1. fxtrt, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

macrumors member

2. macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

This is a hit and miss. I have an iPhone 4 unlock with 4.2.1 Custom FW. I have downloaded the push fix repo and downloaded the tmobile MMS fix.

It will work for a day then it will not work the next day. Sometimes I have to reboot my phone in order to work. This has always been a problem at least for me since I'm with Tmobile.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Hm, the thing is that Im with at&t, so I would think that all the data, sms, mms, and calling services would be the same between a JB and a stock at&t phone, no?
    Could someone on at&t provide me a copy of their com.apple.mms_override.plist? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

4. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm on AT&T jailbroken with GP and my mms is working perfect.

Reset your network settings to see if that fixes it.

5. fxtrt, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

thread starter macrumors member

Yep, Ive tried resetting network settings, replaced my com.apple.mms_override.plist file with the one in the link, installed iphonedelivery through cydia, and i even read somewhere to: erase, restore, dont setup as new or from backup yet, jb, then setup from backup; still didnt work...
    Is the com.apple.mms_override.plist file the same for both verizon and at&t?
    UPDATE: Got a chance to try out facetime and it works! Just MMS doesnt... Any ideas? Anybody w at&t care to share a copy of their com.apple.mms_override.plist?

6. thread starter macrumors member

7. macrumors P6

Intell

Why don't you just decrypt the firmware and get it yourself? I think its illegal to post it on here as its copyrighted.

8. thread starter macrumors member

O,ok, I had no idea. By firmware do you mean the ipsw file?

9. macrumors P6

Intell

Yes

10. thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so i finally decrypted the firmware and went to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ but nothing there but a GlobalPreferences.plist. I extracted that and it was blank... Did I do something wrong?

11. macrumors P6

Intell

Check for it in /System/Library/CarrierBundels and then the AT&T one. All files are blank and unusable unless the decrypted firmware image is opened on a Mac with Snow Leopard.

12. thread starter macrumors member

Ended up going the hard route, set up as new and transferred over save data and contacts manually. Thanks to everyone that helped!