Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Last edited:

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
This is a hit and miss. I have an iPhone 4 unlock with 4.2.1 Custom FW. I have downloaded the push fix repo and downloaded the tmobile MMS fix.

It will work for a day then it will not work the next day. Sometimes I have to reboot my phone in order to work. This has always been a problem at least for me since I'm with Tmobile.

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hm, the thing is that Im with at&t, so I would think that all the data, sms, mms, and calling services would be the same between a JB and a stock at&t phone, no?
Could someone on at&t provide me a copy of their com.apple.mms_override.plist? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I'm on AT&T jailbroken with GP and my mms is working perfect.

Reset your network settings to see if that fixes it.

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Yep, Ive tried resetting network settings, replaced my com.apple.mms_override.plist file with the one in the link, installed iphonedelivery through cydia, and i even read somewhere to: erase, restore, dont setup as new or from backup yet, jb, then setup from backup; still didnt work...
Is the com.apple.mms_override.plist file the same for both verizon and at&t?
UPDATE: Got a chance to try out facetime and it works! Just MMS doesnt... Any ideas? Anybody w at&t care to share a copy of their com.apple.mms_override.plist?

Last edited:

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
O,ok, I had no idea. By firmware do you mean the ipsw file?

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ok, so i finally decrypted the firmware and went to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ but nothing there but a GlobalPreferences.plist. I extracted that and it was blank... Did I do something wrong?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Check for it in /System/Library/CarrierBundels and then the AT&T one. All files are blank and unusable unless the decrypted firmware image is opened on a Mac with Snow Leopard.

fxtrt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ended up going the hard route, set up as new and transferred over save data and contacts manually. Thanks to everyone that helped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.