need photoshop help pronto, this is an emergency.

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Mar 30, 2004.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

http://www.designchapel.com/ --see the vector art on that site? well apparently someone converted them from photographs to vector art as seen... How do i do that? anybody know? i really want this info bad.

2. iGav macrumors G3

You can get a digital back issue copy of the magazine with a 25 step tutorial from Novembers issue for only 6 bucks! sent straight to your computer! Wicked!

http://www.zinio.com/issue?is=22469518

3. encro macrumors 6502

encro

While I'm not sure as to the specifics of the images on this site...

I can point you in the direction of possible apps:
    Adobe Streamline
    Macromedia Flash MX
    Heck, even just use Illustrator to trace the Raster by hand if you like :)

4. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

i cant believe im saying this, but i dont have a credit card yet since i just switched banks... does someone already have this issue who can just fill me in?

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually, if you get the tutorial info, post it, that could come in quite useful

:D

D

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That was my first assignment in my Illustrator class: tracing a drawing. :(

Corel Trace 11 is also available. None of the tracing software I've seen works quite as well as doing it by hand. OCR works by using the same programming techniques.

7. MatMistake macrumors member

if you just want the look, rather than specificly ending up with a vector immage, try taking a photo, duplicating the main layer, use the 'cut out' filter on the top layer, then reduce the opacity to get some detail from the original photo below. not sure how close that would look, as I can't give it a go at the moment...

tracing photos by hand on illistrator takes a damn long time, so I'd hope the actual technique wasn't anything like that. I've spent a few days putting together vector images that aren't even close to that good

8. PixelFactory macrumors regular

That is exactly what he does. He does all the drawing in Photoshop with paths and then brings the paths into Flash to colorize. He must have a lot of time because the paths are really intricate. If you want to make the same kind of image and have it be vector art, you'll have to work a long time to get similar results.

9. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I dunno....

If you right click and zoom in on the image, it actually looks like, I dunno, pixelated or something. My guess is some type of filter/conversion? I cant imagine all those teeny tiny squares were hand drawn....but it's art, anything's possible.

Very curious.
    :confused:

10. PixelFactory macrumors regular

I read the article. He used a scan of an old album cover to give it some texture. Also the Flash file looks as if he used something to screen it back a bit. This guy put a lot of time and effort into that illustration.