Need powerpoint backgrounds!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Daveman Deluxe, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

When we have youth group meetings, we use PowerPoint to put song lyrics up on the screen. Until this year, we were in our own youth room for our weekly meetings, so we did white text on a black background on television sets. This year, we're in the sanctuary and are going to be using the church's rear-projection system.

What I need is websites where I can find good pictures to put up as the backgrounds for our lyrics. They don't necessarily have to be overtly Christian (I have too many of those) but nature-themed graphics, or good photos of monuments such as the Louvre, the Pyramids at Giza, that sort of thing.

It would be especially good if anybody knows of websites that have graphics wide enough to span across two monitors (we have two screens side-by-side).

2. anneleonard macrumors regular

hi

sounds cool what you're doing with your youth group. churches are getting into visuals now, with projectors being so cheap. we have video of the sea and stuff in the background of our song words at church, but i don't know where to get them. the best thing i can think of for you is to get some cool-looking desktop pictures which will be the perfect size as backgrounds for powerpoint. two of my favourites are:

macdesktops
    and
    mandolux (they're having a special 9/11 day today so i'd wait until tomorrow to have a look at his collection)

the mandolux one especially is cool, although i don't understand how he organises his website navigation, so you have to sift through a lot to find what you want. he also has really big images and ones that are intended for use on double-screens so those might be good. let us know how you get on. :)

Anne.

3. dcb macrumors member

Why don't you use the thomas kincade screensavers?

4. Daveman Deluxe thread starter macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe