need program for church

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBookG4user, Oct 23, 2006.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I need a program like easy worship for the Mac. It has to have the ability to display moving backgrounds and display all the text for the song in a single word like document instead of the indevidual songs and be able to display the indevidual slides. I was thinking keynote might work, but does it have the ability to display moving backgrounds (like running a video in the background)?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, you can bring in stuff from iMovie over to Keynote, and there are some simpler animation gimmicks built into Keynote itself.

3. rowdy268 macrumors member

ProPresenter

You could use ProPresenter by Renewed Vision - it was written just for the mac and specifically for ministry purposes...will work for songs, but not really good for powerpoint type messages, etc...

http://www.renewedvision.com/pp.php

4. officerdick macrumors regular

Thats sick, requiring money for a church program. Of course it costs money to develop but geeze. Its churches that use it, they will donate if its a good app. its just as stupid as CCLI, christian music should be CC(creaive commons). The music dosent belong to anyone exept god, He planted the creativity. earning money on a song to god is wacked. of course they have to cover there expenses, and some make a living. But there are many christian musicians hwo make to good a living, like huge house, expensive cars. and no im not jealous, i would never do stuff like that. try open song instead, not as fancy but atleast they got there values right.

5. rowdy268 macrumors member

All good things cost $$

then I guess we don't need to pay anyone that does something for god. The Word says that a worker is worthy of his wages. Why we as believers think that we should get everything for free is beyond me. I think the guy that developed the software deserves to be paid!

6. PillarFan1 macrumors member

thats why we give 10% called tithing like the Bible says

7. officerdick macrumors regular

Mabey i over reacted. But the cultre is different here in denmark. Of course he needs money for his work, but i think its sad he has to charge every one. If god apreciated what he was doing, i belive money would flow in as donations. I just dont like the whole christian marketing stuff, i feel some how its wrong. It's hard to explain. But dont get me wrong, of course worship leaders need money to live, and pastors and christian programmers. But i just dont like the marketing scheme, they are the best! kinda thing. Mabey there good worship leaders, pastors or programmers. but there still human, and would never had gone so far, without God. And PillarFan1 keep your 10% if you give them because you have to, because if you can give them with love, they are worthless to god. But if you give with love you can give as much and little as you want, the important thing isnt 10% but your heart